The red wines are made at Matilda Plains winery under the consultancy of John Glaetzer from fruit grown on this estate. The Sparkling Durif and the Blanc Dos are made by Simon Greenleaf. The Semillon is also grown here with the Pinot Grigio and Savagnin coming from friends vineyards in Langhorne Creek.
RUSTICANA BLANC DOS 2016 $15 / $65 (6)
- A blend of 65% Savagnin and 35% Semillon.
- A pale straw coloured wine with green highlights, full of citrus flavours with a zesty lemon citrus aroma.
- 13% alcohol
RUSTICANA ROSE 2016 $17.50 / $95.00 (6)
- This elegant wine is ideal for an aperitif. Made from our Zinfandel grapes, it has delightful strawberry overtones.
- 12% alcohol.
RUSTICANA PINOT GRIGIO 2017 $17.50 / $95.00 (6)
- The 2016 vintage has produced a pale straw coloured, crisp wine with brown lime and pear characteristics. The wine is fresh and aromatic, ideal to be served with spicy food or an alfresco lunch.
- 12.5% alcohol. NEW RELEASE
RUSTICANA SPARKLING DURIF – NV $38.00 / $200 (6)
- A luscious sparkling red wine giving a mouthful of tiny bubbles and a soft Durif finish. This wine has been bottle fermented. Made by Simon Greenleaf.
- 13.5% alcohol
RUSTICANA CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2014 $20.00 / $108.00 (6)
- 22 months American Oak. Deep purple in colour, blackcurrant flavours with a hint of eucalyptus and mint. This is a serious full-bodied cabernet, which will cellar for up to eight years.
- 14% alcohol
- (2006) Bronze Medal – Boutique Wines of Australia 2007
- (2006) Bronze Medal – Rutherglen Wine Show 2007
- (2006) Bronze Medal – Cowra Wine Show 2008
- 90 points James Halliday
RUSTICANA SHIRAZ 2015 $20.00 / $108.00 (6) OUT OF STOCK
- A dark berry bouquet with vibrant purple hues. Intense plum flavour with great tannins and a lovely mouth feel.
- 14.5% alcohol
RUSTICANA ZINFANDEL 2013 $25.00 / $135.00 (6)
- Matured in a combination of French, American and Hungarian Oak. Hand picked and bunch thinned. An elegant savoury wine with spicy flavour and a soft finish that lingers on the palate. Ideal with Italian Food.
- 15.5 % alcohol
RUSTICANA DURIF 2015 $30.00 / $162.00 (6)
- 20 months in a combination of French, American and Hungarian Oak. Dense, impenetrable purple, saturated with blackberry, licorice and prune fruit. Rich and full of flavour, fine tannins and length on the palate. Drink now or cellar for up to 10 years.
- 16.5% alcohol